Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wash Disposable Swim Diapers? You Make the Call.

I first learned of washing and reusing disposable swim diapers from a link Deal Seeking Mom shared. In reading the comments, many of which were negative, I saw that Walmart sells cloth swim diapers for around $5. The cloth swim diaper seemed more logical to me, but I couldn't find one at the two stores nearest me. So after a trip to the pool, I washed and air-dryed the swim diaper. Here was the result:


Sorry about the poor picture quality, but you get the point. Since then, I've used and washed this same diaper again. In my personal experience, we have had no problems. But we haven't had any #2 issues, either. According to the original link where this idea was shared, you should not wash the diaper any more than 3 times. And if anything besides liquid gets in the diaper, just throw it away.

Happy swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment